Thinking about going vegan? The switch is easier than you think! And if the thought has never crossed your mind, maybe it should. Becoming a vegan is not only one of the best things you can do for the environment (20% of pollution comes from the meat industry!), but also for your health. Going vegan, even part-time, has been shown to reduce the risks of many diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity and even arthritis! While going vegan isn’t for everyone, it clearly has its benefits!
Read on for some super easy (and still tasty!) swaps to make in your kitchen to make your lifestyle transition smooth sailing!
- Replace an egg (in baking) with:
- 1/4 cup of applesauce
- 2 tbs ground flaxseed + 1 tbs water
- Mashed banana
- 1 tbs chia seeds + 3 tbs water
- Replace milk with:
- Almond or Coconut milk
- Replace your meat burgers with:
- Black bean or quinoa burgers
- Swap out mayonnaise with:
- Use (firm) TOFU in place of meats
- Replace ground beef in tacos with….. Lentils!
- Instead of butter, use:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
Try swapping out some ingredients in the next non-vegan recipe you try and tell us how it goes!
Written by: Leana Varvella