Are you slowly trying to introduce solids into your little ones diet? If so, sweet potatoes are great to try since they are easy to digest, have a mild flavor, and are easy to prepare!
- Preheat the oven to 375 deg F or 190 deg C.
- Simply take one large sweet potato. Scrub it and prick it with a fork.
- Bake for about 45 mins or until it feels soft.
- Once cooked, all you need to do is split the potato and scrape out the flesh with a spoon. Most sweet potatoes do not even require the additional step of pureeing as they can easily be mashed!
- One large potato will give you about 3 or 4 portions at this early stage. Bake a few at a time and you’ve got a fortnight’s supply!
Alternatively… you could peel the potato, then boil or steam it in cubes if you prefer to do so as well!
Looking for some combos? Why not try mixing sweet potatoes with carrots or squash for a new flavor and even more nutrients!