Summer is in full swing, with all of the picnics, beach days and of course, the hot weather! If you’re looking for a healthy (and delicious) way to beat the heat, try making your own fruit sorbets. The best thing about homemade anything is that you can have fun and experiment with new flavors! Whether it be Mango-Lime (see recipe below) or Strawberry-Mint, the possibilities are endless! As an added bonus, this treat is dairy-free and vegan friendly, so follow the steps below and sorbet away!
- Choose a fruit: 1 cup chopped frozen fruit (feel free to mix and match!)
- Choose a sweetener: 1 tablespoon honey, pure maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of your choice
- Add a liquid base: 1/4 cup of water, lemon or lime juice
- Get creative: Add optional herbs and flavors to kick it up a notch. Personal favorites are basil, mint and ginger.
- Combine all ingredients and puree until smooth. Enjoy!
- Combine 1 cup frozen chopped mango, 1 tablespoon honey, and 2 juiced limes in a blender and puree until smooth. Garnish with a mint leaf and enjoy!
A super quick and easy treat to make, you and your kiddies will be satisfied in no time! Experiment with your kids and tell us what flavors you come up with in a comment. Happy sorbet-ing!
Written by: Leana Varvella