With spring here and gardens starting to bloom, what better way to welcome the season than with loading up with fresh produce?!?
Here is a great way to introduce your little ones to rhubarb while at the same time serving something they already know (and hopefully love), apples!!
- 4 Crisp Apples, cored
- 1 lb rhubarb, cut into 1″ long pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss the rhubarb with the sugar, honey, orange juice, and black pepper, set aside.
- In a deep ceramic baking dish, place the apples cut side down, cover with the rhubarb mixture and place in the oven to bake until the apples are tender but still intact.
- Baste with the pan juices every 10 minutes. Remove from heat.