Yesterday we told you about the benefits of strawberries and today we have an easy recipe for a healthier alternative to traditional granola bars! You can make these in muffin tins for smaller bite size snacks also!
Makes 20-24 bars
3/4 C almond butter or nut butter of your choice
1/3 C honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 large bananas, well mashed
1/3 C ground flax
3 C old fashioned rolled oats
3 C crispy cereal or granola
2-3 C fresh strawberries, chopped
1/2 C chocolate chips
- Prepare a 9×13 pan by lining it with plastic wrap or parchment or wax paper. Or prepare two muffin tins with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the nut butter, honey, vanilla, mashed bananas and ground flax seed. Mix well and add the rolled oats and cereal and stir until incorporated. Add the strawberries and chocolate chips and gently stir them in.
- Press the mixture into the 9×13 pan or divide the mixture between the muffin cups and press down well.
- Once the mixture is packed well, place them in the freezer and freeze completely, 4-6 hours or overnight. Remove from the 9×13 pan and slice into bars.
- Individually wrap and store in an airtight container in the freezer or simply remove from the muffin tin and place in an airtight container or sealable plastic bag to store in the freezer.
Adapted From: Food Doodles