Bananas are quite possibly one of the most loved fruits by people of all ages, especially kids. They are sweet, easy to eat, and are a great fruit to toss in the diaper bag or lunch box on busy days! In addition to this, Bananas are also full of essential vitamins and minerals, which makes them a great snack!
- Bananas are naturally fat and cholesterol free. Use mashed bananas to substitute for some or all of the butter or oil when making cookies!
- As with many fruits, bananas contain a good amount of vitamin C. One banana provides about 15 percent of your daily recommended amount.
- Since B vitamins are more commonly found in animal products, it may come as a surprise that bananas are an excellent source of vitamin B-6 which makes them a great alternative source for vegetarians and vegans. One banana supplies 35 percent of your daily B-6 requirement which is vital to help with cell growth!
- One banana has 3 grams of fiber which will help your little ones stay full for longer periods of time!
- Bananas are a great source of carbohydrates so they will help fuel your children during the day.
- Since bananas are easy to digest, it makes them an appealing fruit to many. If your child does not like whole bananas, try slicing them or mashing them to change the texture!
- Try throwing a banana into smoothies, on cereal and oatmeal, or in a fruit salad!