Earlier this week we told you about the amazing health benefits of quinoa and today we have a great recipe that makes the perfect alternative to traditional oatmeal. Even better is it contains more protein and fiber which will help keep your little ones fuller longer!!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups plant based milk (almond and coconut milk work well)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried goji berries
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- handful of fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon dried, raw coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Rinse the quinoa and strain well. Add to sauce pan, turn on heat.
- Let quinoa lightly toast for about a minute, being sure to shake the pan now and again so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil. Lower heat and add cinnamon, raw cane sugar and dried goji berries.
- Cook covered for about 15 minutes, turning the heat down as low as possible. Once the quinoa is cooked, turn off heat.
- Add the blueberries, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes. Let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, add add a bit more milk and the raspberries.
Adapted From: http://www.happyofferings.com