Earlier this week, we told you about the health benefits of rhubarb and today we have 2 great recipes that the entire family will love!! Do you have a rhubarb recipe that your family likes?!? We would love for you to share it with us!!
1 cup thinly sliced rhubarb
1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon instant tapioca
1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss rhubarb, apple, granulated sugar, tapioca and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Place in casserole dish or divide into ramekins.
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, pecans, butter, syrup, salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle over the rhubarb mixture.
- Bake until bubbling and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Source: Eating Well
6-8 rhubarb stalks
½ cup water
½ – ¾ cup honey, agave nectar or unsweetened applesauce
- Cut rhubarb into 1-inch pieces. Peel and chop oranges, leaving a little pith.
- Heat honey, agave, or applesauce and water in 2 quart sauce pan, stirring consistently until well incorporated.
- Add rhubarb and oranges. Simmer uncovered until rhubarb is tender and slightly transparent, about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle containers or paper cups. Freeze.