Today is Good Friday which means Easter is only a few days away! Here are a few great Easter snacks that are full of vitamins and minerals, especially Vitamin C!!
-your children’s favorite wrap or pita
- Use a pizza wheel or knife to cut the wraps into carrot shapes. Take the excess dough and cut it into three pieces.
- Brush the top edge of the wrap carrot with cream, milk, olive oil or egg white.
- Press one end of each of the three excess pieces onto the top edge of the carrot creating the green leafy part of the carrot.
- Bake wrap or pita in low heat oven until warm and slightly toasted.
- Allow to cool
- Divide hummus and put it on each carrot.
- Sprinkle finely chopped carrots over the triangle part of the carrot then add broccoli to the top.
-12 plastic eggs
-1 egg carton or other egg holder
-bite size snacks such as baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, grapes, berries, pretzels, small sandwich squares, etc.
- Fill each egg with a different snack but only a small amount since there will be 12 eggs to open.
You can use apples, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, cheese cut in circles, carrots, cucumber, and mini almonds but feel free to get creative with what you have on hand! You can even pre-cut everything and have your kids put together their own bunny!