We have all heard that spinach is one of the best vegetables we can give our children but do you know? Here are a few of the many benefits of spinach that make it such an amazing vegetable option!
- 1 cup of spinach has almost 20% of the daily-recommended intake of fiber, which is vital for digestion, prevention of constipation and regulating insulin levels.
- Spinach is full of Vitamins C and E, beta-carotene, Zinc, and Selenium, which are all powerful antioxidants!
- The combination of antioxidants in spinach helps to maintain healthy vision as well.
- 1 cup of spinach contains over 337% of Vitamin A, which helps protect and strengthen our immune system and also helps promote healthy skin.
- 1 cup of cooked spinach provides over 100% of the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin K, which helps promote and maintain healthy bone growth.
- Vitamin K also helps promote healthy brain and nervous system function as well!